Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here's to New Adventures and a Lot of the Same Old Stuff

So one of my "resolutions" this year was to start my own blog.  And, true to form, it is now January 4th and I am just beginning.  Ever feel like you have a hard time getting out of your own way?  I feel this way often. 

Here is a picture of me and my family.  Hubby, 4 kids (20,12,6,&4)...yes we are slightly insane, thanks for wondering.  I've always hated the name "stay at home Mom", it never felt right when I said it out loud.  I feel like my job is important and it deserves an important title.  That is why I finally decided on "Professional Parent".  Hey, I pushed all 4 of these human beings out of my uterus with no drugs or help from anyone else...so I will adopt any title I choose. 
I convinced my husband that I really wanted a sewing machine for Christmas, and am teaching myself to sew.  When I pulled the machine out of the box and hefted the operation manual, I must admit, I had a slight anxiety attack.  But, I reminded myself that I am a semi-educated woman (I did go to college part time for a number of years when the kids were younger), I can READ, I can figure out this ridiculous machine!  Once I learned what a bobbin was and how to thread the machine I swear I heard applause in my head.  I have conquered the beast, and lived to tell about it!!  I am also happy to report,  I have already made all 4 kids rice heating pads.  They aren't the prettiest things I've ever seen, but my son calls it his snuggle buggle and asks me to heat it up every night.  Victory is mine!!
I am also up for trying new recipes.  Baking, cooking, crockpotting, you name it...I like it.  I measure success if my family will eat it twice.  The first time they try something, they could be just stroking my ego and eat it.  If they are willing to eat it a second time, I know I have a winner on my hands.
I am also on a constant journey to finally lose this baby weight.  Baby weight I have been carrying around for FOUR years.  Not baby weight anymore is it??  Ugh.  If there is a diet out there, my husband Dan and I have tried it.  Problem is, we are both major foodies and have absolutely no will power.  If one of us starts to waiver, the whole ship goes down...sitting on the couch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's watching the Biggest Loser.  Yeah, that's how we roll.
So, that's a little introduction to me.  My plan is to blog about parenting, cooking, sewing, wifing (ok, that might not be a word), dieting and anything else that pops into my head!  Thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this Darc! I will definitely follow your blog. You are a super duper professional parent and I hope someday I can be as great at it as you are---may need some tips sometime here in the semi-near-in relative life time-future. :). Love you and keep it up...good luck with the sewing too...I can hold my own with a machine but I'd like to do more too. You've inspired me to find my bobbins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Love it! But I think you should be an author.....I love to read your writings ...I will follow with Love!

    ReplyDelete